TheSenseNetwork.com is a website operated by Sense Worldwide t/a Pure Science Ltd. (“we” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5396061 and we have our registered office at 68/70 Wardour Street, London, W1F 0TB.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “act”), the data controller is Pure Science Ltd., 68/70 Wardour Street, London, W1F 0TB
You are in control of how much information appears on your profile according to the preferences you set when completing the registration form. The site has features which enable you to modify or remove any information that appears on your profile at any time.
We recommend that you take time to consider which information you want to appear on your profile so that you do not share any information with other users of the site that may allow them to contact you outside of the site.
If you are under the age of 18, we will need your parent or guardian to consent to us collecting personal information from you. We will collect personal information from your parent or guardian and will store, use and process this information in the same way as we store, use and process information collected from you, but only for the purpose of seeking their consent to the collection of personal information from you.
If you are under the age of 18 we cannot make payments for participation in our clients’ market research activities to you directly, but we can make these payments to your parent or guardian. In these circumstances we will collect, store and process your parent or guardian’s financial information for the purpose of making payments only.
We recommend that children using the site take extra care when posting information either on their profile or on the site in general. Children’s profiles have a privacy setting of “private” as their default, which means that their information can only be shared with other site users that are actively chosen to have access to such information.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal information such as your name, age and e-mail address that you provide by filling in forms on our site thesensenetwork.com (our “site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, creating you profile, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Financial information such as your bank details, so that payments can be made to you, if any.
- Information relating to your likes and dislikes, hobbies, interests and the types of products and services that you use.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information in connection with user groups or research activities (such as surveys) that we or our clients operate through our site.
- Details of payments made to you for your participation in our clients’ research activities, if any.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Any other information and materials you choose to supply for the purpose of completing your profile.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and clients.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
- To display such information on your profile according to the settings you choose when setting up your profile;
- To evaluate your suitability for participation in the various user groups or’ research activities accessible through our site;
- To verify your identity;
- To facilitate payments made by or to you;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- In the event of a transfer of ownership of Pure Science Limited or any part of it
Where we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to our site. Therefore, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We limit access to personal information about you to employees and third parties who we reasonably believe need access to that information to provide products or services to you.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers and clients, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have rated a particular product as “excellent”). We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ and clients’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your information to third parties:
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information on public areas of the site, third parties unconnected to us can access that information. Such third parties may use your information to send you unsolicited communications.
We recommend that you take time to consider the information that you post on the site and on the internet generally as we accept no liability for unsolicited communications.
You have the right to cancel your registration with the site and consequently our use, storage and processing of your information at any time by sending an e-mail to The Sense Network
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.